Thursday, December 18, 2008

Frugal Sanitary Napkins

There was a time when women used old rags to protect their clothing from their monthly. My mother tells me her great aunt made the girls bury their used ones out in the back yard when they came to visit.

Some folks, like I did, are choosing to go back to using cloth diapers for their babies. It costs much less and keeps the landfills from being filled with paper diapers.

So, I was not really surprised to see a comeback of using cloth sanitary napkins. I first saw them advertised in a Christian ladies' magazine, but could never afford the initial outlay for them. Then, I got it in my head that I could make my own and even purchased the materials, but never got up the nerve to follow through.

Now, my friend over at AGardenGirl.blogspot.com has a post about making your own. If you are wasting money on throw-away sanitary products, this could save you a bundle!

Here's the link to her post: How to Make Sanitary Pads