This is unbelievable.
Do you understand what this woman is saying? Let's look at it one piece at a time.
1. Family Planning Services reduced costs.
Why does she say it in the past tense?
2. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now.
Here is the crisis -- this is why people should have fewer children: There's just not enough money to go around.
3. Part of what we do for children's health, for education -- some of those elements -- are to help the states meet their financial needs.
Sooooooo, the children we are seeking to reduce are those whose parents use State funded health care and public education. But, I thought the teachers' union wanted more children in public schools?
4. Contraception will reduce costs to the state and to the federal government.
The less children there are on state-funded programs, the less the government will have to fork over for these programs.
5. No apologies.
I wonder if her Catholic priest heard her say that. Will she apologize to him for saying these things?
6. We have to deal with the consequences of the economic downturn of our economy.
Okay, that does it! You've messed up the economy, folks. Now, you can't have any more kids!
Poor people who access state funding for health care and education should not have children.
Only the elite who can afford their own health care and can send their children to expensive private schools should have children.
Let this burn into your conscience, friends:
In order for Socialism/Communism to work, you must do three things:
1. Put everyone -- I mean, everyone -- to work who is able to work....No such thing as as a stay-at-home / work-at-home mom....No such thing as a gangsta rapper standing on the corner making drug deals or welfare recipients sitting on their duff all day watching daytime soaps and reruns on cable
2. Anyone who cannot work, must be eliminated somehow, either by deportation or murder (euthanasia, aborting babies with disabilities, and otherwise killing anybody else who cannot or will not contribute to the workforce)
3. Reduce the number of children people have
You don't believe me? Perhaps you're not familiar with the "family planning" of Communist China:
"For more than three decades, the restriction on births has been a centerpiece of government economic and social policy. Local officials receive performance ratings based partly on how well residents adhere to the restrictions. In the 1980s, officials routinely forced women to abort fetuses that would have resulted in above-quota births, and both men and women were often forced to undergo sterilization operations. . .
"[Communist] Chinese officials . . . have argued that the one-child restriction has prevented roughly 400 million births and allowed the country to prosper and better live within its resources."
And now for the consequences of these policies:
"But [Communist] China’s fertility rate is now extremely low, and the population is rapidly aging, especially in urban areas. Experts have warned that [Communist] China is steadily moving toward a demographic crisis with too many old people in need of expensive services and too few young workers paying taxes to meet those bills. China is often regarded as having a limitless pool of young, cheap labor, but the country’s biggest manufacturing centers are already facing labor shortages."  (Emphasis mine.)
So, tell me again, Nancy, how limiting the number of children in this nation will help us meet our financial "crisis."
And let me just put my two cents worth in right here. I do not believe that what we are going through right now is a "crisis." It is a cyclical economic downturn which, if left alone by our government, will pull back up on its own.
What bothers me most is that Pelosi and her liberal cronies are creating a crisis mentality in order to use our tax dollars for population control not only in the USA but all around the world.
Then I have to wonder, why doesn't the Catholic church, which opposes both contraception and abortion, excommunicate Pelosi and other liberal politicians such as Ted Kennedy and John Kerry for their promotion of these practices? I just don't get it.
I'm telling you, friends. This really has me concerned for my children and grandchildren. We must earnestly pray that God would not allow our nation to continue on the course it seems determined to take.
What you can do:
- Pray, pray, and pray some more
- Have as many children as your Creator is pleased to give you
- Bring up those children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, leading them to Christ as their personal Savior
- Teach your children history and economics from a Christian perspective, including what Liberalism, Communism, and Socialism are and how they deny God and destroy nations
- Become an educated voter and vote for electable candidates who believe as closely to what you do as possible (A candidate, no matter how good, is no good if he cannot get enough votes to win.)
- Spread the gospel of Christ -- the only way to ultimately change hearts (A woman who knows Christ will be less likely to have an abortion.)
 Jim Yardley. "China to Reconsider One-Child Limit." The New York Times. February 29, 2008. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/world/asia/29china.html (accessed January 26, 2009). "Obama reverses abortion-funding policy." CNNPolitics.com. January 24, 2009. http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/obama.abortion/ (accessed January 26, 2009).
UPDATE: Obama denies funding of contraception. Read it here.