Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Healthy Body Image


Many of my readers are in the same boat I am trying to lose weight and get fit. Regardless of your size, your health is very important if you plan to have the energy and longevity needed to minister to your family, your church, and your community.

However, the idea that you must have a model-perfect body is finally going by the wayside. In case you need a little encouragement, go read this fantastic article written by Nicole Nichols of SparkPeople.com:

Confession: I May Not Be Perfect, But I'm Still Fit & Healthy

Very, very good. If you are concerned about your weight and/or health, please check out SparkPeople.com. There are tools for tracking food, exercise, water intake, among other things. Also, there are several exercise videos for different levels of ability. The best part: IT'S ALL FREE. Go sign up today and take a look around.

By the way, Nicole also had a little something to say about anonymous commenters:

"...anonymously tearing someone else down over the Internet isn't something that a very secure person would do..."[1]

I couldn't agree with her more.

[1] Nicole Nichols. "Confession: I May Not Be Perfect, But I'm Still Fit & Healthy." Daily Spark. SparkPeople.com. (02/06/2009) http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=confession_i_may_not_be_perfect_but_im_still_fit_healthy (accessed 02/24/2009).