Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Setting Up a New Home Menu System


You probably think I'm going to tell you how to set up a new home menu system, but you're only partially right. I'm posting today to ask for help from my readers and their friends in order that I might set up a new home menu system for our family.

Our household has changed dramatically in the past few years. At this point, two of our four children are married, one is in the Marines, and one is working part-time. So, with Dad gone to work all day and our daughter gone at least some of most days of the week, that leaves only me to work out the menus, do most of the shopping, keep up the inventory, craft meals, and do most of the clean up and maintenance. And, since I really don't like cooking or spending a lot of time on food, I'm in a pickle.

Truth be told, I'm sort of in the same pickle many of you are in who have lots of little ones under foot and are juggling housekeeping with home schooling. Even those with a house full of teenagers can become so busy with sports and extra-curricular activities you find yourselves eating out or skimping on nutrition because you simply don't have time.

So, what I'm asking is for those of you who have it all together --or know someone on the Web who does-- to share your ideas with us how you streamline the meal processes in your home. I would love to have a whole list in the Comment section of your own websites, blogs, or of  those you know who can help me out in this area of the home.

Thanks so much in advance for your help. :)