Monday, January 2, 2012

Two of My Favorite Spurgeon Devotions

I just finished Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening for my devotional reading last year and thought I'd share two of my favorites.

This was one of the most inspiring, challenging, and encouraging devotionals I've ever read. I love Mr. Spurgeon. He must have been a wonderful person to know. Can't wait to meet him in Heaven. What a blessed thought. :)



Amazon has several hard copies in different versions. I prefer the original text written by Mr. Spurgeon himself along with the good ol' KJV. However, others might find the updated language texts more understandable. You may
purchase a copy here or download one to your e-reader.


If you don't mind reading online, there is a full text divided by dates at WholesomePublishing.comSpurgeon.org, and others. Or you may have daily devotions sent automatically to your email (here and here), a great option if you have trouble finding time to squeeze in devotions.

Full texts of my favorites may be read online at the links given for each date below:

July 11 (Evening)"Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation." -- Joel 1 :3


August 20 (Evening): "And they fortified Jerusalem unto the broad wall." -- Nehemiah 3:8


Also suggested by another reader: